Like most people who commute to work by train, I'm never without a pair of earbuds or

headphones, drowning out the screeching subway cars with a podcast or Spotify playlist. And when I'm at work writing, you'll usually see me sporting a giant pair of over-the-ear ‘phones to block out the background noise of our open office. Lately, though, my hearing isn't what it used to be. It's like I'm always surrounded by low talkers; I find myself leaning in to hear people and asking them to repeat themselves. Maybe I've royally screwed myself over by blasting noise into my head for so long, so I asked a couple experts -- Dr. Thomas Roland, Jr., an otolaryngologist at NYU's Langone Medical Center, and Dr. Sreek Cherukuri, a Chicago-based otolaryngologist and founder of MDHearingAid -- if all our high-tech headphones and earbuds are, indeed, making us go deaf.                    https://www.thrillist.com/tech/nation/how-fancy-headphones-affect-your-hearing/tech
Previous Post Next Post