Ride-hailing app Uber has lost an appeal against a ruling that its drivers should be

classed as workers instead of as self-employed. Uber's appeal was rejected at the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) in London on Friday morning, according to Reuters. "I have been campaigning against Uber since 2014 and although I always knew I was on the right side, it has always been a struggle that has brought enormous pressure on us. I am glad that the judge today confirmed what I and thousands of drivers have known all along: That Uber is not only exploiting drivers, but also acting unlawfully," said co-claimant Yaseen Aslam, who has the backing of the Independent Workers' Union of Great Britain. Uber has said it will appeal the decision.                                                                                       https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/uber-loses-uk-appeal-must-treat-drivers-as-works/
Previous Post Next Post