martha Stewart has a long and complicated resume -- reigning domestic diva, meal-kit

maker, cookbook writer -- but when it comes to grilling, her tastes are pretty simple. “I love grilled seafood,” she tells me in a well-lit conference room at her New York City headquarters. “My favorite thing to make is a giant seafood paella. I do sneak some pork and chicken in it, though,” Stewart adds with a laugh. Stewart’s love of grilled seafood germinated from time spent with her father, an avid fisherman. “I fished with him a lot growing up and we used to bring home 80 bluefish or 120 mackerel at a time," she says. "We would clean them, grill them, and share them with the neighbors. I became good at cooking fish on his grill.” It didn’t hurt that Stewart’s father had a pretty epic set-up. "My father built his own grill," she recalls. "It was an elaborate brick fireplace with a grill in the middle and two smaller grills on the side." A young Stewart would stuff the blue fish with lemon and parsley, cover them with butter, and stick them right on the grill. She also cooked up a lot of lake fish, always with “bubbling butter,” on a pan on the grill because she didn’t want the skin to stick.                                 https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/martha-stewart-recipes-how-to-grill-seafood-grillist/food-and-drink
Previous Post Next Post